The KosherJava Zmanim API version 2.5.0 was released on June 9, 2023 י״ג סיון תשפ״ג in Maven and GitHub.
New in Version 2.5.0
- Update AstronomicalCalendar and ComplexZmanimCalendar to support astronomical noon and astronomical midnight. This increases the precision in all locations (see The Definition of Chatzos post) and allows chatzos (and chatzos derived zmanim) calculations even in the Arctic/Antarctic. Some poskim are of the opinion that astronomical noon and midnight are the day-night boundaries in locations where there is no alos and tzais. The change calculates astronomical noon/midnight based on longitude alone, not as halfway between sunrise and sunset, something that may not happen in the Arctic and Antarctic.
- Note: This mistakenly created a backwards compatibility break by changing the default calculation of chatzos time. In order not to break it again, this will remain, but a new isUseAstronomicalChatzos() and supporting methods were added that controls this. There is also a getChatzosAsHalfDay() method that will return half-day chatzos regardless of the setting. These changes will be part of the v2.6.0 release.
- Add special Shabbasos/Parshiyos Shuva, Shira, Hagadol, Chazon and Nachamu to the JewishCalendar class.
- Correct isYomTov() to return false on Erev Shavuos. Thanks Eitan Adler.
- Correct spelling of Bein Hashmashos methods the ComplexZmanimCalendar (was missing the second H). being a minor release, this was a non-breaking change with the misspelled version kept in place until the next major release (3.0.0). Thanks Yaakov Schlachter.
- Various Daf Yomi Yerushalmi fixes from Elazar Rosenthal including:
- Added number of IS methods such as isYomKippur(), isSuccos(), isPesach() etc. to the JewishCalendar class.
- Add isAlHanissimRecited(JewishCalendar) and isYaalehVeyavoRecited(JewishCalendar) to the TefilaRules class. Thanks Yaakov Schlachter.
- A number of other small changes.
See the full list of changes between v2.4.0 and v2.5.0 in GitHub. I would like to thank Eli Julian for his continued release support skills.